Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wednesday (Mittwoch)

Yesterday we got very lucky and were graced with some beautiful weather!! So for German class, our professor had us go on a little scavenger hunt of sorts around the city, which was really fun.  We first rode the M100 (the city bus that hits many of the main landmarks/sites in Berlin), and then got off at Alexanderplatz and had to find many things, and then we ended up back at Humboldt.  It was really nice to have to find our way on our own with just a map (just a paper map - kids without gps!), because it forced us to get to know where we're going better.  As a result I feel like I know my way around much of the Mitte much better now.  We took a detour into the Radison hotel near Alex(anderplatz), because we'd heard that it had an aquarium that went up to the ceiling.  Sure enough, we found this! In the second photo you'll see a spiral staircase inside of the tank.. it's like a staircase/elevator that you can 'ride' up into the aquarium on.

from the bottom

from the elevator/top
Anyway, the tour was great and I finally got some quality photos of some main Berlin sites for my Blocker project! I know only 3 of you wanted to do that last time I recommended it, but I do believe it's worth a look......  (here's 1).

The Berliner Dom - a beautiful and massive church on Museum Island
I'll post later about today (Friday) and our trip to the DHM (Deutsches Historisches Museum).


No comments:

Post a Comment